Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Copenhagen Journal #14: Mom

My mother arrived last week, on Wednesday, and we hit it hard over the weekend, seeing the National Museum, the Danish Design Museum, and the Glyptotek Art Museum. All were beautiful, and we had a nice time together. Most of the pictures in this blog are from the Design Museum, because the visuals in there were arresting. And then the Glyptotek had a bunch of large Auguste Rodin sculptures, which I always find affecting, especially when there are many and they are large. I was especially struck by The Burghers of Calais, which you can see below. There was also a really nice exhibit of work by Odilon Redon. This weekend, we go to Hamburg, Germany.

Things have been really busy these past few weeks. I've been teaching every Thursday 8-12. I finished a paper with my PhD student that he submitted over Thanksgiving week. I've been writing a grant proposal, which was submitted yesterday. And I've been writing a paper with my host at DTU, a first draft of which I finished today. 

Things will be equally busy over the next few weeks. I am giving a talk in Helsinki next Thursday and still have to write the talk. I teach for the last time this coming Thursday. I will continue working on the paper with my host up to when I leave. And I give a two hour talk at a workshop here at DTU during the week of 17 December. By then, Mom will be gone and Ellie and Jen's Mom will be here. It's going to be packed right up to our departure.















No comments: