Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Spending October and November Close to Home: Missoula Area Hikes

Jen on Pistol Creek Lookout.
I really tapered off my trips to the mountains in October and November this year. It's been nice being close to home for a solid stretch. In October, I enjoyed the last half of the cyclocross season, and then have been visiting local summits around Missoula in November. These hikes have included several up Sentinel via the Hellgate Canyon Trail; a couple up Jumbo via the south side trail; a trip up Blue Mountain with Finnish friend Heikki Haario; a hike up Woody Mountain from the Marshall Mountain Road; and most recently, a trip up Pistol Creek Lookout, just out of Arlee, with Jen. I love all of these hikes and try to do them each once a year. 

It's been nice to scale back and focus on gratitude for the essential things of life: my family, my home, the place I live, and my work. I have much to be grateful for.    

Pistol Creek Lookout has one of the best views of the Missions around.

Looking south toward the Rattlesnake from Pistol Creek Lookout.

On the way down from Pistol Creek Lookout, looking west over the Jocko Valley at Ch-paa-qn.

Pudge on one of our regular Sentinel hikes.

Pudge on the south side trail on Jumbo.

Another on Jumbo.

Pudge on the summit of Woody Mountain, which sits above Bonner to the north.



1 comment:

Rod Benson said...

I've enjoyed seeing what you've been up to. Decided to start a blog of my own. Here is the URL: www.bigskywalker.com

Happy trails!
Rod Benson