Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Two Music Mixes for the Holidays

I've been obsessed with music of late. It aids me in my work, and it's a shared passion with my son, Alex, whom I have debates with - most recently, on the merits of J. Cole, whose song Neighbors is my current favorite, but whom Alex finds too mainstream (he's heard his music played at Frat houses) to be counted among the best rappers currently in the game. I don't disagree - Cole's most recent album doesn't have the overarching vision of the most recent albums of Kendrick Lamar or A Tribe Called Quest - but I still think Neighbors, which is on the first mix below, is a great song. 

I've compiled some of my recent listening into two mixes. The first is of recent releases, all by African American artists, while the second is of tunes from the 70s, some of which I remember my parents playing, but most of which I'm just discovering. It's fun to explore new music and is so easy to do with Spotify.

JB Xmas Mix 2016 #1: Recent Releases, African American Artists

JB Xmas Mix 2016 #2: 70s 

No comments: