![]() |
| Dan, I, and Todd enjoying the incomparable view. Trapper (right), Boulder (center), Bare (center left), and Jerusalem (left). Photo by Bryan Kercher. |
Dan had mentioned that he might organize a Rocky Mountaineers trip to Piquett when we climbed Three Lakes Peak back in January. I told him I'd be keen to go when he did. Fortune smiled this Saturday, as Dan planned a trip for the Rocky Mountaineers, the weather was perfect, and I was able to join. It's a long drive to Piquett: turn up the West Fork of the Bitterroot Road a few miles past Darby and drive about 20 miles to Painted Rocks Reservoir. Once you're at the Reservoir, take your first left and drive about a mile on dirt to the trailhead. The hike to the summit is about 5 miles by trail. It was a great day with good company.
The photos below are first by Bryan Kercher and then by Dan Saxton.
![]() |
| Our group. Photo Bryan Kercher. |
![]() |
| That's Pudge and I nearing the summit. Photo Bryan Kercher. |
![]() |
| Dan Saxton. Photo Bryan Kercher. |
![]() |
| Alden Wright nearing the summit with the Bitterroot Valley hazy in the distance. |
| Pudge and the group. Dan Saxton photo |
| North Ridge to Piquett. Dan Saxton Photo. |
| Boulder Peaks and Trapper. Dan Saxton photo. |
| Southern flank of the Bitterroot Range. Dan Saxton photo. |
| South ridge of Piquett. Dan Saxton photo. |
| Obligatory Pudge shot by Dan Saxton. |





No comments:
Post a Comment