![]() |
| Swan Range from Boulder Point |
Rattlesnake Peaks
- McLeod Pk 8620’
- Murphy Pk 8167’
- Mosquito Pk 8057’
- Stuart Peak 7960’
- Point Six 7929’
- Sheep Mtn 7650’
- Mineral Pk 7482’
- Boulder Point 7293’
- Triangle Peak 7800’
- Gold Cr Pk 7207
I've now done the first 8 on the list, Boulder Point over Labor Day.
![]() |
| Boulder Lake with Missions behind from Boulder Point. |
One of the neat things way back on Gold Creek Road, before the trailhead, is a big, beautiful meadow with giant old growth ponderosa pine. It's known as Primm's Meadow and here's a Missoulian aritcle about the lady who helped save it. Primm's Meadow is apparently there because there were some hold-out homesteaders who wouldn't sell to Plumb Creek. Every other hill side in sight is barren from clear cutting. I don't have a picture of the meadow, so you'll have to make the trip. I wish I'd had time to walk the meadow a little bit.
![]() |
| Mineral Peak with the lookout barely visible. |



No comments:
Post a Comment