Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Copenhagen Journal #3: What is Optimal Living?

Since we've arrived in Denmark, we've been filling our days: establishing new routines at work and home, and getting out and enjoying the last bits of summer weather on our bikes. There hasn't been much time for self-reflection, which is one of the things I looked forward to in coming here. Back home, we also tend toward filling every day with activity, so we've brought this way-of-life with us. Things will slow down as we move deeper into fall and winter, but I will, nevertheless, be contemplating the following questions over the next several months. Is filling every day an (though certainly not the only) optimal way to live? Is there something to be gained by slowing down some? Am I fooling myself in thinking that I have a choice?




No comments: