 |
| On Piegan Mountain with Siyeh in the background. |
Later in the week that Jen and Ellie were gone, I spent a couple of nights in my Mom's condo in Big Fork and climbed Mountain Siyeh and Piegan Mountain on the day in-between. It was a great day, with fantastic weather, physical and mental challenge, and no hitches. Except that near the summit of Siyeh, which is one of six 10,000+ footers in Glacier, there were six grizzly bears digging for army cutworm moths. I hooked up with a couple of other hikers and we summited without incident, but there were some tense moments. On the way down from Siyeh, about an hour from the car and at 2pm, I felt good and wanted to lengthen the day, so I opted to hike up to Piegan Pass, then headed off trail to the pass between Piegan and Polluck Mountains, and then finally, summitted Piegan Mountain. I then retraced my steps back to my car at Siyeh Bend, arriving at 6pm. It was a long but uplifting day.
 |
| Piegan Mountain (left) and Polluck Mountain (right) from the Piegan Pass. |
 |
| My hiking partners on the summit of Siyeh |
 |
| Another shot from the summit of Siyeh. |
 |
| Cracker Lake below. |
 |
| And again. |
 |
| Looking out toward the Plains from the summit of Siyeh. |
 |
| Taking photos of bears. |
No comments:
Post a Comment