Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spring Skiing: Sweeney Peak, Bitterroots

Pudge on Sweeney's summit looking at Lolo Peak.
In my quest to keep skiing deep into spring, this past Saturday I went and skied Sweeney Peak, while Jen did the Montana Hell Ride and Ellie was hanging with friends. It's the right time to ski Sweeney, as you can drive to the trailhead, where the snow begins. Because the trailhead is high, the elevation gain isn't too monstrous, at 3500 feet. The route to the summit follows the summer hiking trail to a saddle, at which point you head off trail and follow the east ridge to the peak. Along this ridge, there's tons of great looking skiing in the north facing bowls, but I was alone, so I skied the ridge back down, saving more interesting skiing for a day with a partner.


Selfie with Little St. Joe (left) and St. Joseph Peak (right).

And the peaks again without me blocking the view.


1 comment:

Rod Benson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.