Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Paradise Valley and Yellowstone Family Weekend

Ellie getting out after a morning soak in the Boiling River.
This past weekend was a family reunion of sorts for Jen's immediate family: her folks, brothers, nephew, the kids, and I. It was a fun weekend: we stayed in the Paradise Valley Friday and Saturday night. On Saturday, we went into the Park and did a short cross country ski with Ellie, Alex, and Alex's girlfriend Lindsay, and then later soaked at Chico Hot Springs. On Sunday, Jen, Ellie, and I got up early and went for a soak in the Bowling River, which is just a few miles inside of the Park boundary at Gardner. We had planned to go the day before, but it was mobbed with people. There were just two other people there at 8am on Sunday. This is definitely one of the best hot springs around, but you've really got to hit it at the right time, as it's closed in the summer and mobbed with people on weekends in the winter.
Ellie and I at the Boiling River, wading the cold creek before the warm pools start. I need to hit the gym.
Emigrant Peak.
Jen with Mammoth below.
XC skiing.
kiddos
Intense ping pong games were had at the VRBO.
Jen's family (minus her brother JP and his wife Heather).

No comments: