After our awesome climb up Mount Haggin a few weeks back, I had it in mind that I wouldn't be seeing my Bozeman pal Al for a while, but it was his Spring Break last week and his family had left town, so he called and asked if I could get away for a snow shoe trip up a peak. My philosophy about such things is that you've got to take advantage of good opportunities when they come, so I said yes. Al drove over to Missoula and we left early the next morning for the Scapegoat. When we got to Kleinschmidt Flat on Highway 200, the Scapegoat looked ominous under clouds, so we continued on toward Avon and climbed Black Mountain instead. It was a great outing with nice walking through open forest and whitebark pine up high. Our route is particularly nice in winter.
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment