Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lovin': an R&B/RAP mix --- CD Club Mix 2013

Hi CD Clubbers,

This year's mix is a lot of hours in the making. My original idea was to make an electronica mix, but Vic beat me to it. Then in January or so, I hear Frank Ocean's album channel ORANGE, and my son picked up the new Big Boi, Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors, and the idea for a sexy R&B/Rap mix came to my mind. These two genres have significant overlap, as you'll see; indeed some of the new music I find most exciting blurs this boundary. Frank Ocean and Big Boi definitely do it. The trouble with this idea was that I really had to stretch my listening -- it took me a long time to get a mix I was happy with -- but I'm happy with the product.  

Spotify Playlist: lovin: an r&b/rap mix

Here's the list of songs:

Frank Ocean – Thinkin Bout You
Big Boi – Raspberries
Prince & The Revolution – Raspberry Beret
Atmosphere – You
Kid Cudi – Man On The Moon
Felt – Dirty Girl
Gang Starr – Ex-Girl To Next Girl
Raphael Saadiq – Still Ray
Stevie Wonder – Boogie On Reggae Woman
Justin Timberlake – Pusher Love Girl
The Weeknd – The Morning
Frank Ocean – Pink Matter
Big Boi – She Hates Me
Prince & The Revolution – Kiss
Atmosphere – Yesterday
Kid Cudi – All Along

All the best,

John

No comments: