I've got a few minutes here in the Seattle Airport, with free Wi-Fi, so I thought I'd collect my thoughts on the past year and share a few, though clear thought is hard with all of the chatting travelers and CNN blaring.
With the end of the year (Dec. 5), I turned 39, so 2013 will be my 40th year on the planet. Wow! One thing that marks this year is a deeper realization of the passage of time: a lot has passed and it's going by faster every year.
This motivates me to try to do as much as I can with the kids, as much as they'll allow, really. And I know that my mind and body will only become less resilient as the years go by, so I've got to use them while I've got them. Indeed, a sense of urgency marks my way of being on many fronts, for better or for worse.
2012 had some significant challenges, but it was also rich with travel, friendship, family, time in the mountains, on the rivers, and in the wilderness. I feel very blessed.
Looking ahead, I see more of the same on all fronts. Life is relentless, but also rewarding. I love it and also feel beaten down by it at times. My goal is to live my life to the fullest. Here's to doing so in 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment