Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Back in Montana

On the Continental Divide Trail, between Pipestone and Homestake Passes, Butte in the background.
Don't get me wrong, Europe is great, and I love Helsinki in particular, but it's wonderful to be back in Missoula; I'm convinced that there's no better place on earth (though I'm sure many as good) for me.

In the three weeks since I've been back, I've been biking a lot with Jen. We're getting ready for the Butte 50 by doing some long rides and also racing twice in Missoula's Wednesday night XC series.
Jen and Kelly always battle it out.
Edgar and I battled in out in the last race -- in the end I couldn't hang with him.
We also spent 5 days and nights over 4th of July week camping at our property on the Dearborn River. It was a grand time: great weather, lazy days of reading, swimming, and evenings with Jen's family. It's the longest stay we've had up there for a couple of years, against the kids' will, so we count it a victory.
Alex built a jump to pass the time.

With the forest fire scare as it is, we built our campfire literally on the river.
Jen's Uncle Larry and Aunt Peg's swimming hole upstream from us a couple of miles.



2 comments:

EcoRover said...

Welcome home! Our summers are so short--you're really packing it in! Hope you caught some of the Folk Fest too?

Johnathan Bardsley said...

Nope, I wasn't able to make it over. Welcome back to you as well. Sounds like you loved it.