Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Reflections from Helsinki (actually Amsterdam Airport): Week 4

Well, I'm finally headed home. It's hard to believe that four weeks have gone by. I'm spent, having had worked steadily through the past couple of weeks, culminating in a trip to the University of Warwick in England for an intense and productive couple of days of research discussion with some new colleagues. I feel like I do at the end of a long mountain bike race, nearly spent and glad to be so close to the finish line. I write from the Amsterdam Airport, following a quick flight across the pond from England, waiting for my flight back to the States. Can't wait to get home!


It's been another good research trip abroad. It's hard to be away for so long - you begin to feel disjointed - but it's also a great opportunity to focus on research, which is difficult, time consuming work, requiring creativity, collaboration, persistence, determination, and day upon day of effort. So the gift of this trip for me is really the time, which I hope I've used well. I think I have, and anyway, I gave it my all.

Now it's back to my bike and some time away from work.

No comments: