I am a mathematics professor at the University of Montana in Missoula. I like mathematics and where it takes me, from the student-filled classroom, to the far-off and interesting places of both the earth and the mind. I also like the freedom my job allows, giving room for the adventures written about here.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Melbourne Journal #7: Fall & Music
It's fall here, and just as happens back home, daylight savings hit and it was suddenly getting dark soon after work. We're doing our best to soak up the last of the warm days. Last weekend, on a beautiful day, we took the 70 mile RT ride down to Mornington for pizza. And yesterday, with the temps climbing into the 80s, we rushed to Brighton Beach after work to catch the sunset.
It's been strange seeing the photos of spring back in Montana. I can smell the moist air and recall the expansive feeling in my chest that comes with spring. I miss it! The feeling of fall - of a pleasant contraction and turning within - abides, instead, in Melbourne.
There's not much time left for us here. In two-and-half weeks, Alex comes for the final three weeks of our stay, and it'll rush by in a flash. Melbourne is a lovely, energetic city. I've loved living here and will miss it.
Here are a couple of mixes I've made while here. The first is a collection of recently released electronic music, and the second is a collection of recent alternative pop/country.
Recent Listening: Melbourne #1
Recent Listening: Melbourne #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment