Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Friday, January 25, 2019

Missoula

I'm writing from the Salt Lake City Airport, after having spent two weeks in Missoula. I'm on my way to Melbourne, Australia now, where I'll spend the next four months. Jen will follow in one week. It's been a very full two weeks, with family visits, some skiing at Snowbowl and other outdoor recreation, and a bit of work. 

It's surreal stopping off at your home when it's not actually your home. Everyone I spoke with was fully in the midst of the busyness of life, while I was in the waiting, in-between place. The paradox is that although my Missoula friends and family are all busy-as, not much has changed in their lives. Whereas, Jen and I went through the crucible last fall, and I feel like a lot has changed for us.

While in Missoula, we've been staying at my Mom's condo on lower Grant Creek. It's a hidden spot and is nice. I've been holing up and reading Nietzsche - the self-seeking continues. I recall a copy of The Portable Nietzsche in a collection of books of my Dad's from the 70's, when he was a young man. I got myself a copy, as it was recommended, and it is as if the text is speaking directly to me. Nietzsche is a seeker, focused on the question, "How to live?" As am I right now. What answers await in OZ?

No comments: