One of the goals of my sabbatical is to do 'inner-work' and get to the bottom of what it is about the way I've been living that has felt off, but that I've not been able to put my finger on. Life in Missoula is so full, and largely of good things, but filling your life with good things makes it easy to overlook the areas of your life that need work. Could this be a shadow side of living in our great town - that it's so easy to escape from what needs attention, into the mountains, into friendships with cool people, into University politics, into a local brewery? Anyway, I intuited that some things in my life needed work, but I didn't know what they were, precisely. I feel like I'm getting a handle on that and am now moving in the right direction. It's not been easy, but it's been a gift to get away, reconnect with Jen, and retool for whatever is coming next.
The photos from a trip to Arken (a modern art museum south of Copenhagen) last weekend, and the video is from a Punch Brothers show that we went to this week.




No comments:
Post a Comment