I am a mathematics professor at the University of Montana in Missoula. I like mathematics and where it takes me, from the student-filled classroom, to the far-off and interesting places of both the earth and the mind. I also like the freedom my job allows, giving room for the adventures written about here.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Stanley Hot Springs, Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness
This fall, work has been all-consuming, and I've lost the drive for adventure. So our trip to Stanley Hot Springs last weekend was at Jen's urging. I've heard that the creek crossing 1/4 mile from the springs can be sketchy when the creek is high, and this time we experienced it. The log-shimmy we had to do to cross the creek can be seen in the video below. Everything was coated with a thin sheet of ice. It was nerve wracking, but nothing too terrible. On the way home, we grabbed food at Lochsa Lodge, making for a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment