Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Spring Skiing: Saint Mary Peak, Bitterroots

Pudge on the summit, looking south.
I was telling Jen today that I feel a bit adrift. The semester was so full, and now suddenly there's much less going on. To fill days with work, I've got to be self motivated, whereas during the semester, there was always something that needed to be done, and soon.

A while back, on a bluebird day, I went and skied St. Mary Peak in the Bitterroot with Pudge. It was a beautiful day, a straightforward ski, and only took about 1/2 day. 

Then yesterday, after the snow storm dumped over a foot of snow in the mountains nearby, I went and skinned up Snowbowl after a half day of work. I made my own skin track up, and tuckered myself out, the snow was so deep and wet. 

Needless to say, I've been enjoying the heck out of the spring skiing this year. I do, indeed, love the back country ski gear and the ability to travel in the high country in such a beautiful way this time of year.
And again looking north.

And yet again looking east.

And north toward the Missions.
Pudge at the top of Snowbowl.

No comments: