![]() |
| Hanging out with Matt and Jen on the summit ridge of Matt Benchmark in the southern Swan Range. |
Soon after we returned to Camp Paxson from the hike, it was back to Missoula for work on Thursday. Thursday was a long day: recording the last of the videos, converting them to a format suitable for the web, and finally, uploading them to my web page. I staggered home late, looking forward to the last hike/peak of the summer on Friday. But something came up with my other job at UM (Grievance Officer for the faculty Union), and I had to go back on campus Friday morning. I finally got out of town at 1pm, making it to the Sweeney Creek trailhead at 2pm, from where I had decided to climb the Pyramid Buttes high point. Once again, I followed the route described in the excellent Bitterroot Mountain Summits, by Michael Hoyt. I pushed it hard to get there and back to the car by dark, and in my haste I forgot to bring my phone, so no pictures of what is an amazing place, so close to Missoula. I hope for at least one more fall hike in the Bitterroots, once the alpine larch start dropping their needles.
And the week wasn't over yet on Friday. For my brother's 40th birthday, we spent the day on Saturday on the Clark Fork River, until late in the evening. Then it was off to North Carolina on Sunday for this workshop. Whew, what a week!


No comments:
Post a Comment