Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Old Baldy, Garnet Range High Point

Looking north at the Scapegoat from Old Baldy. Photo taken with my ancient cell phone.
Over President's Day weekend, I bagged Old Baldy, which is the highpoint of the Garnet Range and is also on the list of Montana peaks with 2000 feet or more of prominence. I got there by driving east of Drummond on I-90 and exiting at Phosphate (Exit 170), a few miles west of Garrison. Form there you drive north on a dirt road, which eventually turns into Brock Creek Road (see a map); Brock Creek drains the southern aspect of Old Baldy. I drove up the road until I started to get nervous about getting stuck and parked. The outing was 10 miles RT and relatively mellow for a P2000 peak. I got the terrible pictures you see here with my old-school cell phone (left my camera at home once again). They don't do justice to what was a beautiful day.
Pudge on the summit.

Another summit shot of Pudge.
Old Baldy

No comments: