Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Elkhorn and Crow Peaks, Elkhorn Mountains, Montana

I've got an old Montana Hiker's Guide from the early 90's that's well worn from all of the thumbing through it I've done over the past 20 years. One of the hikes I'd wanted to do from the beginning was Elkhorn and Crow Peaks in the Elkhorn Mountains near Boulder, Montana. Back in the day, I used to ride my bike from my home in Butte to Jen's in Helena, passing through Boulder along the way and looking up at these mountains. I finally got the chance to summit them the weekend of Jen's brothers wedding in Helena. It's a really nice hike, on the mellow side for a double peak bagging trip; I think it took me between 4 and 5 hours to do it, at a leisurely pace. Here are some pictures I grabbed off of the web from a fellow named Erick Noel: http://www.pbase.com/ericnoel/crowelkhorn.

Elkhorn views.
Elkhorn views down toward the trail.
Elkhorn (left) and Crow (right) peaks.

Elkhorn from Crow.

Crow from Elhorn.

Elkhorn

The old 1800's mining town of Elkhorn

Crow summit.



No comments: