| Hiking Mt. Sentinel before the snow came last week. |
And in Missoula, the clouds have descended on the valley and will block the sun for months on end. It's now that I realize how much I like sun.
In winter, sitting on a chair outside on a sunny winter day, eyes closed, with the sun in my face feels like a luxury.
In Finland, Jen and I met a guy at a soup bar who said that the secret to happily getting through winter is to have a winter sport. For him it was hockey. For Jen and I it was, and continues to be, skiing.
I have to say that I didn't miss winter last year. I know, though, that once I get up on the hill, I'll be reminded of my love of skiing.
So much of joy is physical, at least for me. When my body is happy, I'm happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment