August has been an extremely busy month, filled with various expeditions into wild country. For a week in early August, I did the Thorofare and South Boundary Trails in Yellowstone with my two good friends Al Parker and Dave Sumner. It was a fantastic trip, starting at the northeast corner of Yellowstone Lake and walking for seven days, first south along the lake, and then continuing south along the upper-Yellowtone River into the Thorofare region, where Thorofare Creek and the Yellowstone meet. There we spent a rest day (two nights at one camp), day hiking on our off day to Bridger Lake, where the fishing was good. This region is the wildest seeming place I've been: we saw grizzly bears, many birds, and caught big (but wiley) trout. After our rest day, we turned west and walked three days along the south boundary of Yellowstone, over the Continental Divide, and eventually to the Snake River, which we walked out to the South Entrance of Yellowstone on our seventh day. It was a great trip on every level, both in terms of country and company. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
My phone died early in the trip, so I only have photos from the first couple of days.





No comments:
Post a Comment