Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Friday, August 25, 2017

The Rocky Mountaineers' Glacier Classic

Attendees of the Glacier Classic. The photographer, Bryan Kercher, is in the upper-left.
I've mentioned here before that I've become involved, as a board member and trip leader, with the Rocky Mountaineers. Every August, the Rocky Mountaineers put on an event called the Glacier Classic. It lasts a weekend, and several trips are offered in Glacier Park for mountaineers of all levels of experience and appetite. 

This year, I led a trip on Friday to Mount Grinnell (or Grinnell Mountain). We had a good group and a great day. If you want to know more about the outing, I've posted a trip report on the Rocky Mountaineers blog.

On Saturday, I joined the Rocky Mountaineers board president, Forest Dean, on a trip up the Citadel. It was a punishing, awesome day. For more detail, read Forest's trip report on the Rocky Mountaineers blog.

And finally, on Sunday, we did the Trifecta, which is a ridge walk connecting Piegan Mountain, Pollock Mountain, and the Bishop's Cap. We were all tired, but this was a great cap to the weekend. If you want to learn more about this great ridge traverse, see my trip report on the Rocky Mountaineers blog.

All in all, it was a great and uplifting weekend - one of the best of the summer in fact.

No comments: