 |
| The hanging ball moves around the room hitting the singing bowls along the way. |
On Saturday, Jen and I went to an old water reservoir in Copenhagen called the Cisterns. It was built in the 1800s, and served as Copenhagen's water supply until the 1980s. Now it's empty, but they let people go down into the man made cave that remains for a fee. I think there is always an art installation there, which is what we went to see. It was a cool exhibit, by Danish artist Jeppe Hein, called In is the Only Way Out. Personal transformation was the theme, and particularly that you have to "confront the darkness in order to see the light." This is apropos for Jen and I, as we continue working on our marriage. Transformation sounds great, but it's hard work and doesn't always feel like progress, though I have faith that we're heading in the right direction.
On Friday night, we saw some art of a different kind. My host here in Denmark is a big fan of Jazz music and wanted to see a concert by the Danish Radio Big Band. We had him over for dinner and then joined him for the concert. It was a great evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment