Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.

Friday, December 15, 2017

Teaching A Short Course at the Danish Technical University

My host Per Christian Hansen in downtown Copenhagen.
This past week, I was in Copenhagen, Denmark, teaching a short course - called Computational Uncertainty Quantification for Inverse Problems - to graduate students at the Danish Technical University. I taught the same course at UM this past semester, preparing the slides for the short course as I went. It was a big effort, and I had a few periods of panic and stress worrying about the short course during the fall term. But as a consequence, by the time I left for Denmark last week, I was well-prepared, and so the course went well. It was still an intense week: teaching went from 9-4pm, Monday-to-Friday, and I got a bad cold - probably a culmination of my stressful semester - early in the week. I write this blog post at the beginning of my journey home, sleep deprived and feeling unwell, but also feeling blessed to have such experiences and to be returning to Denmark for 4 months of my sabbatical next fall.
The Math and CS Dept Xmas party. This is what happens at a well-funded university.

No comments: