| Missoula Valley from the trail up to Lolo Peak. |
I am a mathematics professor at the University of Montana in Missoula. I like mathematics and where it takes me, from the student-filled classroom, to the far-off and interesting places of both the earth and the mind. I also like the freedom my job allows, giving room for the adventures written about here.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the Math Geek Adventures blog archive.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Shoulder Season
I'm not a hunter, so November is a shoulder season for me. And there's a shoulder frame of mind: more peaceful, grounded, and unhurried. In the frenetic activity of summer and its extension into October, some key things are overlooked. November is a time to take stock, reassess, recommit, replenish stores. But time is flying and there's a lot left to do, so I won't be resting long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hail hail headlight riding, muddy singletrack, and cold toes!
Post a Comment